Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Attend?
- Need - Pastoral Ministry has become increasingly challenging and difficult in today's Post-modern world, leaving Pastors and Ministers disoriented, drained, and discouraged. More than ever, Pastors and Ministers need to be Equipped, Edified, Encouraged, and Energized (the 4 E's) for the continuing day-to-day battles of ministry. That is what this Conference hopes to achieve.
- Nurturing - Just as Jesus broke away at times for prayer and physical & spiritual renewal, attending this conference will give attendees an opportunity to break away from their routines and respective ministries & locations to "seek God's face," giving God a chance to speak to them in new and fresh ways. This conference could become one of the greatest highlights of your year, ministry, or life as you renew and/or restore your neglected spirit and relationship with the Lord.
- Networking Nexus - Meet IRL (In Real Life), online friends and colleagues; develop new friendships and relationships; and connect with like-minded Christians with whom you can relate and share the joys, responsibilities, challenges, and burdens of ministry.
- Nationally-known Speakers - Proximity and access to some of the most intriguing and innovative pastors, leaders, and ministry experts in America.
- New Perspectives & Ideas - Sharpen your mind and ministry with new, creative, and refreshing ideas that will inspire and help your preaching, teaching, and pastoral ministry to become more engaging and effective.
- Numerous Vendors and Exhibitor Booths - Several companies and ministries will showcase and offer personal and ministry-related products, services, and tools that may benefit you and your ministry for years to come.
- Nearby Attractions - Make this conference an opportunity to visit: the NASA/U.S. Space and Rocket Center; Huntsville Botanical Gardens/Galaxy of Lights; Wheeler Wildlife Refuge; Bass, Crappie, & Catfish Fishing in one North Alabama's "Eight Great Lakes;" Monte Sano State Park; Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail - Hampton Cove Golf Course (a 54-Hole Championship Golf Course); Downtown Art Galleries & Museums; Bridge Street Towne Center Shopping; and other North Alabama destinations of interest.
- Nudge - Encouragement to "keep hanging in there" (Don't Quit!) along with motivation, inspiration, and coaching to move forward in your ministry.
- Navigation/Next Steps - A sequestered opportunity to think through and develop new ministry plans based on lessons-learned from the conference.
- No Charge - It's Free!
The Official Hotel of the Alabama Baptist Pastor's Conference and Alabama Baptist State Convention is:
- Huntsville Marriott @ the Space & Rocket Center - Redstone Arsenal, 5 Tranquility Base, Huntsville, AL 35805 - (256) 830-2222.
- Other nearby hotels include:
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Huntsville South - 6000 Memorial Pkwy SW, Huntsville, AL 35802 - (256) 882-9400
- Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South/Redstone Arsenal - 301 Boulevard South SW, Huntsville, AL 35802 - (256) 881-4170
- Hampton Inn Huntsville-Arsenal/South Pkwy - 501 Boulevard South SW, Huntsville, AL 35802 - (256) 882-2228
Will food or drinks be available at the conference?
No food or drinks are planned for the conference. However, in the past, some of our display booth vendors have provided free coffee, bottled water, doughnuts, popcorn, and candy. This may be the case again this year. Water fountains are available throughout the facility, generally located near the restrooms.
A list of area restaurants and convenience stores will be made available at the conference.
Will the Conference be live-streamed over the internet or recorded?
We are not currently planning on live-streaming the event. However, all sermons and presentations will be recorded to DVD and CD at the venue. Individual DVDs and CDs will be available for purchase following each speaker's presentation. Complete speaker's sets of DVDs and CDs will also be available at the end of the conference.
Please note, not all worship and music presentations will be available due to licensing restrictions. More information about all of these services, including post-event purchasing via the Internet, will be provided as soon as it is available.
Are the events handicapped and disabled-friendly?
Yes, all buildings and facilities are handicapped-accessible in accordance the ADA. Additionally, all events will accommodate the needs of handicapped and disabled individuals. We are also considering offering interpretation for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing. Please let us know in advance, via email, if this is a need/desire and we will look into acquiring an Interpreter.