Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Attend?
- Need - Pastoral Ministry has become increasingly challenging and difficult in today's Post-modern world, leaving Pastors and Ministers disoriented, drained, and discouraged. More than ever, Pastors and Ministers need to be Equipped, Edified, Encouraged, and Energized (the 4 E's) for the continuing day-to-day battles of ministry. That is what this Conference hopes to achieve.
- Nurturing - Just as Jesus broke away at times for prayer and physical & spiritual renewal, attending this conference will give attendees an opportunity to break away from their routines and respective ministries & locations to "seek God's face," giving God a chance to speak to them in new and fresh ways. This conference could become one of the greatest highlights of your year, ministry, or life as you renew and/or restore your neglected spirit and relationship with the Lord.
- Networking Nexus - Meet IRL (In Real Life), online friends and colleagues; develop new friendships and relationships; and connect with like-minded Christians with whom you can relate and share the joys, responsibilities, challenges, and burdens of ministry.
- Nationally-known Speakers - Proximity and access to some of the most intriguing and innovative pastors, leaders, and ministry experts in America.
- New Perspectives & Ideas - Sharpen your mind and ministry with new, creative, and refreshing ideas that will inspire and help your preaching, teaching, and pastoral ministry to become more engaging and effective.
- Numerous Vendors and Exhibitor Booths - Several companies and ministries will showcase and offer personal and ministry-related products, services, and tools that may benefit you and your ministry for years to come.
- Nearby Attractions - Make this conference an opportunity to visit: Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame, Alabama Sports Hall of Fame, Birmingham Civil Rights Heritage Trail, Birmingham Zoo, McWane Science Center, Oak Mountain State Park, Red Mountain Park, Riverchase Galleria, Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, The Historic Sixteenth Street Baptist Church, Sloss Furnaces, Southern Museum of Flight, Vulcan Park and Museum, & Other locations. See: http://birminghamal.org for more details.
- Nudge - Encouragement to "keep hanging in there" (Don't Quit!) along with motivation, inspiration, and coaching to move forward in your ministry.
- Navigation/Next Steps - A sequestered opportunity to think through and develop new ministry plans based on lessons-learned from the conference.
- No Charge - It's Free!
Hotel Recommendations? 459/59/US Hwy 11 Exit *Hilton Garden Inn 3230 Edwards Lake Pkwy. Birmingham, AL 35235 (205) 655-5222 Hampton Inn 1940 Edwards Lake Rd. Birmingham, AL 35235 (205) 655-9777 Courtyard by Marriott 3665 Roosevelt Blvd. Birmingham, AL 35235 (205) 661-2280 Chalkville Rd. Exit Comfort Inn & Suites 4740 Norrell Dr. Trussville, AL 35173 (205) 661-3636 Holiday Inn Express 5911 Valley Rd. Trussville, AL 35173 (205) 655-2700 Quality Inn 4730 Norrell Dr. Trussville, AL 35173 (205) 352-4909 * Official Hotel of the Alabama Baptist Pastor’s Conference & the Alabama Baptist State Convention.
Will food or drinks be available at the conference?
No food or drinks are planned for the conference. However, in the past, some of our display booth vendors have provided free coffee, bottled water, doughnuts, popcorn, and candy. This may be the case again this year. Water fountains are available throughout the facility, generally located near the restrooms.
A list of area restaurants and convenience stores will be made available at the conference.
Will the Conference be live-streamed over the internet or recorded?
As in past years, we hope to Live-Stream this Conference. More details regarding this service will be provided in the coming days.
Also, all sermons and presentations have been recorded to DVD and CD in the past by MasterSound Media Ministries. Individual DVDs and CDs have been made available for purchase at a nominal fee following each speaker's presentation. Complete speaker's sets of DVDs and CDs have been also available at the end of the conference. MasterSound Media Ministries has not yet committed to this year's conference.
Please note, all worship and music presentations will NOT be available due to licensing restrictions. More information about all of these services, including post-event purchasing via the Internet, will be provided as soon as it is available.
Are the events handicapped and disabled-friendly?
Yes, all buildings and facilities are handicapped-accessible in accordance the ADA. Additionally, all events will accommodate the needs of handicapped and disabled individuals. We are also considering offering interpretation for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing. Please let us know in advance, via email, if this is a need/desire and we will look into acquiring an Interpreter.